When talking about special forces, first suggestion for many people around the world is a Special Forces units from the United States. The United States military is one of world’s strongest and their special forces are for sure ranked as top units in comparison to the other countries. The US special operations forces units like Navy SEALs, Delta Force or US Army Special Forces and as many other publicly known or unknown units ranked them among the world’s most famous special forces.
The decade of wars in Afghanistan and Iraq shaped US special forces to a whole new level. Now, the special operations forces are considered as the most valuable force in US foreign security. They are used for all possible types of actions, no matters if it is only scouting mission or direct action. US Special Operation forces acting like a hammer fist worldwide where it is needed to defend United States interests. Their history is full of high dangerous missions, like the Raid on Osama Bin Laden’s hideout in Pakistan, when dozens Navy SEAL’s operators stormed it’s compound in Abbottad. A brilliant operation sent Al-Qaida leader to history.
The United States of America has many military and intelligence organizations. The term used for all special forces in the United States military is Special Operations Forces (SOF). There are many but not all of the military units that are components of the USSOC (Department of Defense’s United States Special Operations Command). There is a huge list of US Special forces units, almost every branche of US Military has one, from Marines Corps to the Coast Guard.
There are also many of schools and universities of U.S. Special operations centers where are provided training and many types of courses for special forces operatives.
Commands of US Special Forces
- The United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC)
- United States Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC)
- United States Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC)
- United States Army Special Operations Command (USASOC)
- United States Naval Special Warfare Command (SPECWARCOM, NAVSOC, or NSW)
- Special Operations Command – Joint Capabilites (SOC-JC)
- Special Operations Command Africa (SOCAFRICA)
- Special Operations Command Central (SCOCENT)
- Special Operations Command Europe (SOCEUR)
- Special Operations Command Pacific (SOCPAC)
- Special Operations Command South (SOCSOUTH)
- Special Operations Command Korea (SOCKOR)
The United States Special Operations Forces have a great history, and for sure they will stay as the first responders if the United States security is compromised, at home or abroad.