JTACs (Joint Terminal Attack Controllers) from the Portuguese Air Force TACP (Tactical Air Control Party), just came back from Central African Republic (CAR) where they participated alongside Portuguese Commandos in the UN mission MINUSCA (Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic). This deployment was so successful that the General Commander of MINUSCA awarded them a Commendation Letter for their actions.
Watch this video where you can see them in training and deployments to Africa.
Portuguese TACP was created in 1996 but already has been deployed to:
1. Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1996 and 1997 (SFOR);
2. Kosovo from 1999 to 2002 (KFOR);
3. Afghanistan from 2005 to 2008 and in 2010 (ISAF);
4. Mali from 2014 to 2018 (EUTM);
5. Central African Republic, MINUSCA mission, since January 2017 and with an expected duration of 2 years.