Connect with us

War Room

Israel Preparing For Large-Scale Offensive in Gaza

Published

on

Israel Preparing For Large-Scale Offensive in Gaza – Reports

The state of Israel has given Hamas until Friday to conclude its flaming kite attacks on Israeli territory. The report comes as Israel’s Parliament has stripped the prime minister of the good to declare war.

Israeli leadership has reportedly instructed the country’s military forces to prepare to invade the Gaza Strip if the flaming kite attacks don’t cease by this week, according to a Channel 10 news report cited by The Times of Israel.

According to the report, Israel has given Hamas until Friday to conclude its flaming kite and balloon attacks; if Hamas fails to comply with the demand, Israel might choose it has no choice but to start a large-scale military operation.

Israel sent the message directly to Hamas via Egyptian intelligence services, Channel 10 reported. The report also says Hamas responded by saying its forces will work to conclude the rogue attacks by Friday.

On Sunday, the Israeli 162nd Armored Division launched a military exercise simulating an attack on the Gaza Strip and a capture of Gaza City. While the Israeli military claims the exercise had been planned in advance and was not related to current events, some saw it as an indirect threat to Hamas.

On Tuesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited the IDF’s Gaza Division. During the visit, he said that the country is already in the midst of a “military campaign.”

“We are in a military campaign in which there absorb been exchanges of blows. I am prepared to say that the Israel Defense Forces is prepared for any scenario,” Netanyahu said.

The report comes good as the Israeli Parliament, the Knesset, has stripped the country’s prime minister and defense minister of the ability to declare war. The modern legislation adopted Tuesday delegates this power to the Security Cabinet — a body of several officials, including the ministers of foreign relations and finance.

During the last few months, Israel has suffered numerous attacks by kites, balloons and other objects that act as flying incendiary bombs. Thousands of acres of land are reported to absorb been burned by these attacks. In addition, Israel reports numerous sporadic clashes with Palestinians and mortar and rocket fire at Israeli territory. The Times of Israel has noted that the level of tension between Israel and the Gaza Strip has reached an apex not seen since the 2014 Gaza war.

War Room

At Least 3 NATO Soldiers Injured in Blast in East Afghanistan

Published

on

Trump Appoints Austin Miller to Command US Forces-Afghanistan

At least three NATO servicemen were injured in an explosion in Afghanistan’s eastern Parwan province, local media reported Wednesday, citing the Resolute Support Mission.

The blast was caused by an improvised explosive device that went off in the Bagram district, injuring the NATO patrol, according to the Pajhwok news agency.

In addition, Parwan police chief Brig. Gen. Mohammad Mehfooz Walizada told Pajhwok that a suicide bomber attacked a NATO convoy near the US military base in Bagram. He added that a NATO tank was destroyed, the attacker was killed, while NATO soldiers remained unharmed.

The Taliban reportedly claimed that the attacker caused casualties among NATO troops.

The NATO’s mission in Afghanistan was launched in 2015. It includes over 13,000 servicemen who are providing training and advice to the Afghan security personnel in their fight against terrorism, particularly against the Taliban radical group.

Continue Reading

War Room

‘US Agrees to Discuss Troop Pullout’: Claim Afghan Taliban Officials

Published

on

'US Agrees to Discuss Troop Pullout': Claim Afghan Taliban Officials

Reports coming after a Friday meeting in Doha, Qatar, between US diplomats and top Afghan Taliban officials suggest that Washington has agreed to discuss bringing its troops home and finish America’s 17-year war in Afghanistan.

During Friday’s preliminary talks, US special envoy to Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad discussed with the Taliban conditions to bring about the finish of the US’s 17-year war in Afghanistan, according to two ranking Taliban officials speaking on condition of anonymity, as reported by Al Jazeera.

“Six US delegates arrived in Doha to bear a meeting with our [Taliban] leaders [and] agreed to discuss all issues, including the pullout of foreign troops,” an unnamed Afghan Taliban official stated.

“But it was a preliminary meeting and all issues were discussed in general, not in detail,” the anonymous Taliban official asserted, adding that additional talks are expected in upcoming months, cited by Al Jazeera.

Taliban demands for a peaceful resolution of nearly two decades of clash in Afghanistan at the hands of the US include the total pullout of all American military personnel, including contract mercenaries, as well as the lifting of sanctions against its leaders, freedom for imprisoned Taliban fighters in Afghanistan, and the creation and recognition of its official political party.

Following Friday’s exploratory talks, Khalilzad and other US officials refused to comment on progress between the two belligerents, according to Al Jazeera.

US officials, including Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Alice Wells, previously met with Taliban officials in Qatar in July.

Appointed in September as US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation, Khalilzad has in recent months met with representatives from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Pakistan and Afghanistan in a bid to forge a path to peace.

The US invaded Afghanistan in 2001 as a reaction to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, with the mission lasting until December 28, 2014. In 2015, NATO initiated a original mission, Resolute Support, aimed at training Afghan security forces. Nevertheless, seemingly endless US operations bear shown limited effectiveness at establishing an enduring peace in Afghanistan.

Continue Reading

Recent posts

Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular (7 days)