Connect with us

Badge Cams

MTA bus shootout in Dundalk, MA captured on video



Baltimore County Police released a video of a shootout with armed robbery suspect Blaine Robert Erb back on June 7, 2017 in Dundalk, MD.  In this particular case, Baltimore County officers were justified in shooting an armed robbery suspect who was killed during a police shootout that seriously injured an officer and a bystander in Dundalk, prosecutors said.

Baltimore County Deputy State’s Attorney Robbin S. Coffin said video footage from police and MTA cameras show officers took proper action during their June 7 confrontation with Blaine Robert Erb, 35, on June 7.

Officer 1st Class Slocum, a 13-year veteran assigned to Precinct 12 in Dundalk, was shot twice in a lower extremity during the confrontation. She has been released from the hospital, police said June 13.

Police said officers were called around 2:49 p.m. June 7 for an armed robbery in progress on Dundalk Avenue near Avon Beach Road. Officers received information that a man had robbed two people at gunpoint.

According to MTA bus video obtained by 11 News, Erb got on a bus — at Belclare Road and Dundalk Avenue near the Logan Village Shopping Center — in Dundalk at 2:53 p.m.

Just after that, two police officers stopped the bus and got on to talk to Erb and that’s when he pulled a gun and fired a shot at an officer standing at the rear exit. Erb then told everyone to get off the bus.

Erb is then seen in the video with two guns standing in the rear exit, firing in all directions. That goes on for about a minute and a half, at which point he stopped and reloaded. At one point, he walked to the front of the bus and fired some shots and police fired back. Erb eventually made a run for it.

Meanwhile outside, a police body camera captured the tense moments. One officer switched from a shotgun to a pistol. Erb went down on a nearby lawn. The officer runs closer, but Erb did not listen to police.

“Drop the gun. Drop the gun,” can be heard in the video.

Erb was killed, and the gun battle was over.

“I actually had to watch it a couple of times because I was a little bit in disbelief,” Baltimore County State’s Attorney Scott Shellenberger said.

Shellenberger said after reviewing the case, which included social media video, police body-camera video and MTA video there is no doubt the police shooting were justified, and no further action would be taken.

“And when you look at all three of those, you get a complete picture that these officers were justified in using deadly force because not only were their lives in danger, but the lives of many civilians in the area were in danger,” Shellenberger said.


Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Badge Cams

Suspect shot two cops, officer ends the standoff with a headshot



The heart-pounding body cam footage was released in August 2017 that showed two officers handling a standoff situation. As a shootout ensues, one officer is injured, and the suspect is left dead from a headshot. The body cam footage is just another reminder to civilians and law enforcement alike how quickly a situation can go from mundane to deadly.

The footage shows Salas arguing with the two officers for about two minutes. The officers asked Salas to get out of his vehicle multiple times, and at one point, Nelson tried to open the door of the 25-year-old’s vehicle, only to have the suspect slam the door shut again.

The footage released by Las Vegas police shows the drawn out building up of tension before the suspect pulled his gun and opened fire on the officers at close range.

As tension on both sides continues to rise, Salas can be seen moving around in his vehicle acting fidgety. Nelson calls for backup as he and his partner are concerned with Salas’ increasingly erratic behavior.

Salas then pulls out a .40 handgun that he was hiding inside his vehicle and begins to shoot at the two Las Vegas police officers. Nelson and his partner return fire, hitting Salas in the head and killing him instantly.

Continue Reading

Badge Cams

Police officer hits rifle-wielding felon with patrol cruiser at high speed



Multiple officers in Marana, Arizona responded to reports of a man stealing a rifle from Wal-Mart. Before the video begins, 36-year-old Mario Miranda Valencia threatened to shoot himself in the head after he was approached by the first officers on the scene. The suspect was later seen firing the weapon in the air before walking down the road toward a local business with the loaded rifle pressed below his chin. I have seen a lot of police interventions in a case when guns are involved, but this one is unique.

In an attempt to save Valencia’s life, Officer Michael Rapiejko drove over the sidewalk and knocked him off his feet.
The shocking footage was captured by the dash cam of multiple officers. Police Chief Terry Rozema told KOLD that his officer’s actions saved the man’s life. Valencia spent two days in the hospital before he was arrested and charged with shoplifting a firearm, discharging a firearm inside city limits, and aggravated assault on a police officer with a deadly weapon.

Some people criticized Officer Rapiejko’s course of action, but Sgt. Chris Warren defended his fellow officer saying “This was a dangerous felon who’d been on a crime spree throughout the morning. He’d just stolen a weapon, loaded it, was not obeying commands from officers and was walking toward occupied businesses. It’s a busy time of the morning, a lot of employees at work, a lot getting ready to come out for breaks, he’s walking toward those businesses. So we had to take immediate action and make sure he didn’t get inside those businesses.”

Continue Reading

Most Popular (30 days)


Subscribe now for free

Sign up today for free and be the first to get the latest news & intel from our former military journalists. Support our Veteran writers and get the latest news and exclusive intel.

We won't disclose your personal information to third parties without your permission.