Connect with us

World

Risks of nuclear war between N Korea and US are high

Published

on

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that risks of conflict between the US and North Korea turning into a full-fledged war are high, this would involve a huge number of victims.

The risks are very high, especially regarding the rhetoric [between the two countries]. We hear direct threats to use force. At the same time, US Secretary of Defense Mattis stated once again: Yes, this will involve a huge number of human casualties, and yet talks about a pre-emptive strike on North Korea, talks in Pyongyang, that it is necessary to strike the island of Guam, where several US military bases are located, do not stop,” Lavrov said.

Of course, this concerns us very much,” Lavrov said at a forum, adding that when it almost comes to a fight “the first step away from danger should be taken by the stronger, smarter side.

The Russian top diplomat also said that Moscow is hoping that common sense will prevail in the situation around North Korea despite escalated rhetoric on part of both Pyongyang and Washington.

Unfortunately, the rhetoric in Washington and Pyongyang is beginning to turn extreme. We are still expecting common sense to prevail,” Lavrov said at a youth forum in Russia’s Vladimir region.

Russia has repeatedly voiced concern over the escalation on the Korean peninsula. During Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to Moscow earlier this summer, the Russian and Chinese foreign ministries issued a joint statement proposing ways to de-escalate the situation. Moscow and Beijing called on Pyongyang to stop nuclear tests and urged Washington and Seoul to refrain from conducting joint drills. At the same time, Sergei Lavrov stated, that Russia will not accept North Korea being in possession of nuclear weapons.

North Korea said on Wednesday that it was considering a missile attack near the US island of Guam, which hosts several US military bases after President Donald Trump threatened Pyongyang with “fire and fury” over its recurring missile tests.

Tensions in the region have recently intensified due to North Korea’s multiple nuclear tests and ballistic missile launches conducted in violation of UN Security Council resolutions. Last month, Pyongyang conducted two tests of intercontinental ballistic missiles. According to the Korean Central News Agency, the latest launch on July 28 was successful, and the missile reached the altitude of 3,725 kilometers and traveled 998 kilometers, for about 47 minutes, before falling into the Sea of Japan.

I'm the active duty law enforcement officer serving in SWAT unit. My hobby's are firearms, skiing, martial arts.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

World

Barcelona attacker shot by Spanish police in video

Published

on

This is the extraordinary moment a ‘drugged-up’ terrorist in a fake suicide vest was gunned down – and then got up again – during the second terror attack on a Spanish beach resort 70 miles from Barcelona overnight.

The jihadi was hit with several bullets but clambered to his feet shouting taunts, climbed some crash barriers and then walked towards armed officers who had to shoot him again.

He was part of a group of five terrorist who giggled and grinned at police after their Audi A3 car overturned having ploughed through crowds on the seafront in Cambrils on the Costa Dorada at 1am today, killing one woman and injuring six more including a policeman.

Eight hours earlier a ‘linked’ ISIS van assault on the packed Los Ramblas boulevard in Barcelona killed 13 including a three-year-old girl and injured at least 100 victims from 34 different countries.

The Cambrils terrorists bailed out of their crashed Audi clutching knives used to stab a woman in the face and were seen smiling at police who shot them dead in the street at around 1am.

Continue Reading

World

Police shoot five terrorists attempting second deadly attack in Catalonia, Spain

Published

on

GOE solved hostage crisis in BES bank after attempted bank robbery - shots fired

Catalan police conducted a raid early on Friday, linked to an attempted van ramming attack in the coastal town of Cambrils, about 60 miles from Barcelona. Four suspects were killed during the raid, while the fifth, who was injured and arrested, died in custody.

Catalan police say that one terrorist may still be at large, and that the attackers may have been wearing suicide belts. Catalan civil protection authorities have said that six civilians and one police officer were wounded during the operation.

Catalan police have tweeted that they believe the Cambrils attack was a terrorist incident, and that the perpetrators have been killed.

Spanish outlet Cadena Ser has reported that the Cambrils attackers also attempted a van ramming attack in the town square, but the van overturned and the occupants were shot by police.

The incident comes just hours after Thursday’s van ramming attack in Barcelona’s city square that left 13 dead.

Police are examining possible links of terror suspects killed in Cambrils to Barcelona van attack, which Daesh has claimed responsibility for. The similar modus operandi of the attacks would suggest that there is some connection.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular