U.S. special forces conduct ‘counterterrorism raid’ in Syria

Eric Sof

According to residents and first responders, at least 13 people have been killed in a United States special operations forces raid in Syria’s rebel-held Idlib province.

U.S. special forces conducted what the Pentagon said was a “successful” counterterrorism operation in northwest Syria early Thursday, with first responders on the ground reporting at least 13 people were killed, including six children.

In a brief statement, Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby said that there had been no U.S. casualties in the Special Operations forces mission and more information would be released as available.

The raid’s target and details of any casualties were unclear, and the Pentagon did not immediately disclose either.

Leave a Comment