21 Gerup Gerak Khas (21 GGK) is military special forces of Malaysia. In organization of organizational units of the Navy operates special unit PASCAL, in Air Force there is special unit PASKAU. The organizational chart of Malaysian Police, merged units VAT 69 and UTK to create a new unit called Pasukan Gerukan Khan.
21 Gerup Gerak Khas (21 GGK)
21 GGK is numerically the largest special unit within the Malaysian military forces. In essence, it is a brigade-sized units (regiments), which is structurally organized like army. Task of 21 GGK’s security and force development for locating, reporting, tracking and destroying enemy troops, especially special forces, then deep infiltration into the space under the control of the enemy’s combat cooperation with the guerrilla and partisan forces in the area temporarily lost. 21 GGK is responsible for planning, preparation, and for the implementation, development of unconventional methods of warfare, internal defense, patrol and enforcement so. direct action in cooperation and with the support of state police within a given area of activity.
21 GGK continuously plans, fosters and implements methods of unconventional warfare in all its forms, such as guerrilla warfare, anti guerilla, drawing, subversion, sabotage, counter-terrorism activities and in particular the one in which they have the most knowledge and experience – jungle warfare. A large part of his reputation today 21 GGK has gained in the years of struggle against the communist insurgency. This unit is specialized in so-called. direct action and special reconnaissance missions. Currently, 21 organizations GGK brigade consists of three battalions: 21, 22 and 11 Battalion. 21 GGK was used in the UN peace-keeping operations as part of Malaysia’s military presence in Cambodia, Somalia, Western Sahara, Namibia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Organization led 21 GGK is Brigadier General and the unit has its headquarters based in Kem Iskandar, in Mersing (Johor province). 21 GGK’s chief administrative and operational factors Malaysian Special Forces, which, with its three operational battalions and their logistic – disassembly facilities can support the operation of other special forces of the RM and RZ, police and regular Malaysian OS.
History Malaysian Special Forces goes back in 1960. year when, under the auspices of the Ministry of Defense and on the initiative of the then Minister of Defence Allahyarhama Tun Abdul Razak bin Hussein established Directorate (Command) Special Forces. The motive for the establishment of the Directorate was then a Malaysian – Indonesian military conflict. Then he founded the first Malaysian marine special unit whose organization and tasks Malaysians literally copied it from the British Marines. unit got pretty vague title Malaysian special forces. Almost twenty years later, in January 1981. year formed a special brigade headquarters called MARKAS Gerup Gerak Khas based in Kuala Lumpur, which was to assume command of preorganizacijaenom brigade consisting of three battalions. Under the authority of the newly formed command headquarters except fight the battle there were still suport combat units and logistical units. Official name Gerup Gerak Khas and then added to the 21 mark which is formally denoted 21stBrigadier group within the Malaysian Army forces.
Command 21 GGK now integrating the three battalions of special segments of attributed and combat support such as ties, engineers, and other elements of logistics. It has been said that the structure of this brigade of three battalions.21st and 22 Battalion were configured as command Assault Battalion. Their numerical strength is around 1800 members (per 900 people each). These two battalions specialize in deep reconnaissance (LRRP), standard patrol, sabotage, covert operations, aircraft and amphibious desantiranje and for all other commando operations. The organization of these two battalions is very similar to the organization of British commandos and every battalion in his organization has one specialized line such as cable naval assault boats or general transport platoon. In addition to 21stand 22 an integral element of the third Battalion 21 and 11 of the GGK special battalion. It is intended, it is free to be said for the “most refined” tasks such as the most complex and most risky raids on enemy leaders or the objects of the utmost strategic importance. This battalion is numerically much smaller than our 21st and 22 battalion and is organized into four highly mobile company. The composition of the 11th Battalion can be admitted only those members who are in the other two battalions were at least 21 GGK eight years. It can be safely said that members of the 11th Battalion enjoy incontestable status “elite” within 21 GGK.
Special operational cell is a small group of approximately 100 members of which are also located within 21 GGK. The main task of these units are organized into several smaller units, planning and coordination of material resources and equipment 21 GGK. unit also provides support to combat elements in the development of operational forces in the field and directly supports command structures 21 GGK. Special operational cell is actually directly responsible for the planning, implementation, analysis and dissemination of intelligence information gathered during the activities of its members.
PULPAK (Pusat Latihan Peperangan Khas) and the Center for Special Forces training organizacijaena the first August 1976. year. Prior to its complete composition organizacijaavanja 21 GGK spent basic and specialized training within 21 RGC (today 21st Battalion). Despite substantial capabilities and capacities available to PULPAK – still significant support in the training of other Malaysian special units provide all three battalions GGG, especially those elite 11th A very important role PULPAK training center is also reflected in the implementation of training courses SWCT teams regular police but military personnel special requirements.
21 GGK Training implements his specialty training in very close cooperation with the Indonesian Kopassus Special forces whose base Sungai Undag is less than an hour’s helicopter flight, on the other hand the Straits of Malacca.Often the common Malaysian – Indonesian exercises planned and multinational environment. Very good cooperation established with the British SAS, Australian and New Zealand special forces and especially with first A special group of U.S. Army, stationed in Okinawa, Japan.
The basic commando course is divided into several phases:
- Training Camp – basic commando training conducted at training bases in the base unit. A total duration of 5 weeks.This is certainly the most important stage in the development of physical and mental qualities of each individual.Physical training, knowledge of weapons, explosives, tactics, field of medicine, the basis of orientation and survival are only part of an extensive training program at this stage. Candidates are subjected successively more difficult and longer-war march in full gear. Length of the march starts from 4.8 km, then increases to 8, 11.2, 14 and finally 16 km.This phase of training is a type of selective and those candidates who do not meet standards are being returned to their basic units. The Malaysian military jargon this “failure” is called “Turun bastard.”
- Jungle training – organized in 2 weeks and predstavljavjerojatno favorite part of training almost every candidate individually. All candidates are subjected to real conditions of life and warfare prevailing in the jungles of Southeast Asia. The emphasis at this stage is to scare tactics, team collaboration, patrolling, organizing strongholds, individual and common methods of jungle warfare.
- Survival and fitness march-this phase must pass all of the candidates who have “survived” the first two phases.The main feature of this phase is the ancient forest MARCH fighting a length of up to 130 km with a stash of ammunition, food and water in a weight of 15 kg. 130 km of these candidates have to pass in just 36 hours. Those rare individuals who reach the goal, stay in this area further seven days without any supplies, firearms, out of uniform (in his underwear). To trust the reports that in such circumstances the candidates acquire excellent practical experience and knowledge of survival skills.
- Maritime Training – this training phase takes another two weeks, during which candidates are taught and practiced by small craft navigation, fitness swimming in the long run, combat diving, assault raids in the coastal zone using boats, canoes and kayaks. As the “thesis” of this phase candidates must set time kayaking tumble distance of 160 km and successfully perform an attack on the default location, which is usually located somewhere along the Straits of Malacca.
- Pulling & avoidance – represents one of the final phase of training in which the train called E & E fighting techniques (Escape & Evasion). All candidates are divided into small groups and have to spend a demanding exercise in which they must contact the local “patriotic” forces and checkpoints and avoid enemy patrols and ambushes. Candidates who are captured by the “enemy forces” are subjected to simulated testing procedures and “torture” what could happen to them in real conditions of war. After “odrađenog” captivity are produced by their colleagues from the group (which is the primary task) and continue this exercise until the next checkpoint. The duration of this exercise is not limited in time. It lasts as long as necessary for each group gets to the target, and the number of imprisoned members of the group and the duration of their detention. The purpose of this phase is to build and strengthen the mental qualities of each individual, building community spirit unit but the knowledge of how to look captured the enemy chooses no way to get to the intelligence.
- Parachute training – during this phase, all candidates must master the basic techniques of Parachute. To get skydive sign must carry out at least five rebounds, of which at least two must be night jumps. The most successful individuals in the later stage of specialist train for jumps with landings on all types of terrain, and the water surface. A few best individuals destined for specialization HALO – HAHO parachute jumps.
Over the many years since the establishment of the training camp last 21 GGK many soldiers – volunteers from other special forces and regular Malaysian OS. Brigadier General Borhan bin Ahmad was the first high ranking officer in the Malaysian GS directly responsible for the development of Special Forces. He was directly responsible for the introduction of new and modern methods in special forces training process and to establish a good cooperation with the special forces of USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia. Their first and finishing at base camp in Sungai UDANG named remarkably “home commando.” Over the years, space, training facilities and training regimes in the initial installation of the camp have become so scarce that the unit had to move to a new base in Imphal Camp near the capital city of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur and then in Kuala Kubu Baru base which is also located on the shores of the Straits Malacca. Part of the power of 21 GGK also shares Mersing base (on the coast of the South China Sea) with naval special forces unit pascals. Middle of the 1981st at Sungai UDANG was organizacijaena and 12 Parachute Battalion within 21GGK but relatively quickly was disbanded and its personnel deployed in the 21, 22, and 11 battalion.